Top 5 Reasons I Need Feminism
I need feminism because:
1. I feel women shouldn’t have to fight for equality. It should just be the norm.
2. I shouldn’t have to fight for whether feminism is even still needed. Women still aren’t paid as much as men for the same work. Women are still expected to conform to a very narrow (and stick-thin) standard of beauty, and are judged for whether they are “disciplined” enough to maintain it. And I’ve never heard a man say that he’s trying to decide when he should have a child because of the negative effects it might have on his career.
3. I shouldn’t feel guilty or ashamed of pole dancing for fitness. Everyone seems to always miss the last word there. No, I’m not a stripper. But even if I was, who cares? Why do my choices matter to you?
4. I shouldn’t have to be one of the guys to be successful at work.
5. I should be able to be emotional, angry, sexy, sassy, strong, outspoken, shy, athletic, nerdy, straight, gay, wear a skirt, wear pants, wear makeup, not wear makeup, have relationships, have sex, have kids, not have kids, be happy, be powerful, be me without being judged for it by men or by women. No one should be afraid of being themselves.
Why do you need feminism?